Standing poses are really important to create strength in the legs and open up the groin. The Warrior 1 is a classic standing pose that increases the energy of the body and creates stamina.
- Step 1 Stand at the front edge of your mat.
- Step 2 Bend your knees and step your right foot back three feet on an angle, with your toes pointing to the front right corner of the mat.
- Step 3 Square your hips to the front and press into the outer edge of your back foot.
- Step 4 Reach your arms out to your sides, turn your palms up, inhale, and stretch your arms overhead. As you exhale, bend your left knee over your left ankle.
- Step 4 Take three breaths.
- Step 5 To exit, exhale, put your hands on your hips, and straighten your front leg. Step your back foot up to the front of your mat. Repeat for the other leg.